Monday, July 27, 2009

manuals are for chumps.

I don't like to read manuals for electronics. My theory is: if I want to use it, I'll find it on my own. This is this case with my laptop. I have a Macbook and I lovvvvve it. I think it's the best laptop evaaa. So I only tried using a Mac once before I got mine. I'll be honest, I only choose this laptop because it came with a free iPod touch and I love iPods to no end so it was a no brainer.
Free iPod = Meghan receiving a Macbook for school.
When it finally came in the mail I opened it up and the only directions I read were the ones that told me how to turn it on and how to set it up. The rest I was like whatevs I'll figure it out. And I did and I LOVE it.

Did you know you can take pictures of the screen? I've heard it called screen shot or something like that. I've srsly tried looking for it a million times. Well, I FOUND IT and I'm quite proud of myself. Took me a little bit, but I found it.
Case and point:
Photobucket

I was pretty pumped I found it =)

Another occasion where I'm pretty dang good at finding things. I just got the enV3. I knew how to find the most important thing, text messaging. That was a no brainer. I'm pretty good at finding that feature on all phones. It's a special skill I have. But I knew you could upload music onto the phone. With the help of my friend, we were able to figure out what was required to put the music on. I went home and figured it out. It was very easy and I didn't need to read one instruction booklet.

So there you have it, I'm a technological genius*

Who needs a manual to find stuff? ;)

*I am not. I draw the line at cellphones and random things on my laptop

1 two cents' worth:

Meredith said...

Wow, I'm impressed.