Saturday, July 2, 2011

up next in Meghan's life is...

This may be the most random post ever after I have so much to talk about from the past 2 months basically, but I got to thinking after Amanda's post..

It's hard having worked toward this degree, always knowing this was the degree I wanted to pursue, but not knowing where I'm going to go with it once I have it.

Knowing what I want to do after I graduate in a year may not be possible now, but something my mom told me was that you don't have to know what you want to do right away, most people don't know.
It's a tough statement for me to grasp.

You know when you go through elementary school you know you're going to middle school. From middle school you'll be going to big and scary high school. After high school there's always college, the military, or straight into a full time job. For me and my older brother it was always going to be college and for my younger brother it was always going to be the military. After college, what's next?

I could find a job or I could go to grad school for something. What? I have no idea. But grad school. This is where my unknown comes into play.

I've faced this question before. It's always a tough one that is always in the back of my mind.
After I graduate in a year...

What's next?

Fortunately, I have a year to figure it out.

I'm feeling very optimistic and like the sky's the limit after working Orientation for the past 6 weeks.

I hope it stays this way :)

7 two cents' worth:

amanda leeann said...

the future is scary.

really scary. and i don't want to even think about grad school!

i hope you get it figured out, but remember, there's no rush!

amanda leeann said...

oh, and i LOVE your owl header! it's adorable :)

Vanessa said...

Not knowing what to do is something I've have to accept lately. All I was focused on was graduating and being done with college. Then I got out and went "oh, guess I should figure out what to do now." From a graduate, you'll be fine. You don't need all the answers right now, they'll come to you. Eventually. Just trust! 8)

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

You'll figure it out. Just keep your life simple and the answers will be able to come :)

rachelinaustin said...

I was in the same place when I graduated from college a few years back. I ended up finding a great job! Good luck making the best decision for you! <3

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I am so there right now. things didn't work out the way I thought they would after graduation! haha I just say, have faith, follow your heart, and what should happen, will :)

Allison said...

I just started college and am already starting to freak out! For me, it's not so much about knowing what I'm going to do (although I know that's going to be a nail biter) it's that I'm leaving home... but I have so much faith in you and whatever your plan is! I hope you continue to have such an optimistic attitude- and that when I'm in the same place as you in a few years, you can help me out!