Thursday, January 6, 2011

two!

I had a hard time choosing my second favorite book.
let's just say it was a three way tie

so my second favorite book(s) of 2010 were

by: Cassandra Clare

I know it's probably not fair to choose all of them because I did choose just one out of the other series in this top 5, but I couldn't wait to read all of them when I started with City of Bones.
There are many different parts to this series that drew me in. First, the supernatural aspect. I don't know if you can tell by now, but I love supernatural type books. I think this was inevitable since the first series I fell in love with was Harry Potter. The idea of having this other world in the mix of a modern day world in New York is the kind of thing I love to read about! There is never a moment where you want it to end. Just when you think you've solved the problem, it twists and turns into something you didn't imagine. Loose ends are tied up but others are presented and keep you wanting more!
This series was initially suppose to have just the first three but Cassandra Clare decided to continue the series into three more books
(City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, and City of Heavenly Fire) in addition to a prequel series (Clockwork Angel, Clockwork Prince, and Clockwork Princess). This leaves plenty of books to look forward to in the future for these characters and some new ones too :)

0 two cents' worth: