Sunday, January 30, 2011

the unknown.

I've been thinking about my future a lot lately. It's been happening more often.

I think it's because when I look at what I have left to take to finish my degree, there isn't all that much left to take.

so I ask myself, what do I want to do with my life?

I know I'm 20 years old and there's going to be some time before I'm sure I choose the right career, but the prospect of deciding what that will be is daunting.

how will I really know? when will I really know? what do I do to get there? what should my focus be on right now? what am I doing to answer these questions? why can't I stop procrastinating? what is out there for me? will I be able to do the things I want to in the bigger picture? what does the future hold?


i don't know the answer to any of this.

but i think that's okay
because that is what life is about.


it's the unknown.
it's just a matter of not letting the fear of it get the best of me.
the answer is out there, it's just going to take a while to actually find.

2 two cents' worth:

amanda leeann said...

if i copy-pasted this post onto my own blog, every single word of it would be true. i'm in my third year os college and have NO idea where i'm going to end up. i have two years left to make a decision, but, hello, that'ssortaclose.

but, i do believe that we are both going to end up living a life that we love, even if it isn't what we orginially planned on.

-hugs- good luck with your decision making!

Vanessa said...

I'm in my senior semester and I'm lost as to what I will do. I chose a major that requires further education which I am not willing to do right now. This leaves my life every up in the air and very unknown. It's scary but I'm taking it one day at a time. We are so young, there is so much time to try out different things before picking our final destiny.

Hang in there love, if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here! 8)

<3

PS I'm still holding your spot for the Pay it Forward thing. If you decide you don't want to take part (which is totally cool!!) let me know! 8)